kunanyi/Mt. Wellington - Guided Hiking Tour
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: P2P321
- Tour begins from the Hobart Travel and Information Centre (20 Davey Street) right in the city.
- Drive to Fern Tree Park, approx. 15 minutes, where guides will introduce you to the mountain's history and discuss the day trip over the Wellington Park walking map. Toilet facilities available.
- First up we hike to 'The Springs' a source for Hobart's water supply. We follow one of the many fern gullies passing by small waterfalls, nestled in the rainforest. Following the trail as it changes into mixed forests and mountain gullies.
- The cafe Lost Freight on-site to supply us with fresh coffee to help get us up the rest of the mountain.
- Next up, we hike the Zig-Zag Trail. 1.5 hours, enjoying the views of Hobart, the famous Organ Pipes and learning of the harsh alpine environment. (alternative route - The Organ Pipe track)
- Arriving on the summit we will be rewarded with one of the best views in Australia! On a clear day, one-third of Tasmania is visible. Take in the views from 4 lookouts and make the final small climb to the trig point.
- Drive from the mountain summit back to Hobart for accommodation or city drop off.
- Guided by qualified local guides, you will experience kunanyi/Mt. Wellington like a local. Our team love sharing Tasmania and will bring to life the natural and cultural history that makes up Tassie.
Includes: Hot Drink - coffee, tea, hot chocolate, chai - from Lost Freight Cafe