Cape Raoul Hiking Tour - Tasman National Park
- Duration: 9 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Hobart, Tasmania
- Product code: CRDH
- Departs Hobart Travel and Information Centre - 8:30 AM (Corner of Davey and Elizabeth St)
- Scenic drive to the stunning Tasman Peninsula, via the seaside towns of Dunalley & Eagle Hawk Neck, learning the harsh convict history from this natural prison.
- Enjoy morning tea with hot coffee or tea, fruit and trail snacks, while overlooking the map for the days walk.
- The hike to Cape Raoul is a 14KM return trail. The trail work is some of the best in the Tassie. The first viewpoint overlooks the cape and the famous Shipstern Bluff big-wave surf spot.
- Cape Raoul is the missing cape of the newly opened Three Capes Track, jutting out into the Tasman Sea, the track concludes on the cliff's edge, high above the ocean.
- Enjoy panoramic views to Cape Pillar, Tasman Island and Bruny Island, even kunanyi/Mt. Wellington.
- Enjoy a mixture of wet forest and coastal forest ecosystems.
- Enjoy a nice picnic lunch along the track before returning via the same trail.
- Arrive back to Hobart approx. 5:30pm - We can drop you off to your accommodation in the city region.
Walking time: 5 hours
Walking distance: 14KM
Track Rating: 3, involves rock-stairs, undulating terrain, exposed cliff lines, board walked with easy signed tracks.
Terrain: Gravel path, stone steps, exposed cliff edges, forested
Food: morning tea, trail snacks, picnic lunch. Drinks: Coffee, tea, water refills.